Senior Accounting Analyst
At Ocrolus, we believe companies work best when they focus on their core business and let automation do the rest. We’re powering the digital lending ecosystem and help financial services firms make high-quality decisions with trusted data and unparalleled efficiency.
Ocrolus’ Human-in-the-Loop document automation software analyzes documents with over 99% accuracy. We're replacing legacy OCR vendors that cap out at 75-80% accuracy, and augmenting the robotic work that humans are prone to doing all too often – which can be expensive, error-prone, and slow. By empowering lenders to analyze diverse sources of financial data more efficiently, Ocrolus levels the playing field for every borrower, providing expanded access to credit at a lower cost.
We’ve raised over $100 million from blue-chip investors and are working with customers like PayPal, Brex, SoFi, Blend and Plaid. Join us as we build the future of fintech, and make an impact at an award-winning, high-growth startup that Forbes recently dubbed the “Next Billion-Dollar Startup”.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take ownership of the company's financial records, ensuring their accuracy and completeness.
- Execute month-end closing procedures with precision and timeliness.
- Prepare financial reporting packages that provide valuable insights into our financial performance.
- Establish and uphold internal control systems and comprehensive risk-mitigation controls.
- Ensure strict compliance with regulatory authorities, including IT (Income Tax), GST (Goods and Services Tax), PF (Provident Fund), ESI (Employee State Insurance), and LWF (Labor Welfare Fund).
- Prepare and file regulatory returns such as GST, TDS (Tax Deducted at Source), and IT returns, adhering to government tax regulations.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of GST, including the Letter of Undertaking (LUT) and refund processes.
- Manage TDS-related activities, including deposit and return filing.
- Maintain fixed asset registers and oversee the issuance of purchase orders (PO) and e-way bills for asset transfers.
- Ensure rigorous quality control over financial transactions and reporting.
- Collaborate closely with statutory auditors and secretarial consultants to facilitate external audits and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Hold a Chartered Accountant qualification with 1-2 years of post-qualification experience in accounting and finance.
- Possess a deep understanding of accounting principles, Finance, Taxation, and Banking.
- Knowledge of US GAAP is considered an advantage.
- Prior experience in smaller companies or startups is preferred, as it provides exposure to a wide range of financial activities.
- Excel in a fast-paced environment with a strong commitment to meeting regulatory deadlines.
- Proficient in accounting knowledge and Accounting Standards.
- Demonstrated expertise in regulatory compliances, including TDS, GST, Transfer Pricing, Income Tax, Companies Law, and FEMA.
- Familiarity with accounting tools such as QBO (Accounting), CompuTax (TDS), Clear Tax (GST), payroll software, and Zoho Expense (expense reimbursement).
- Advanced skills in Excel, enabling efficient financial analysis and reporting.
We take pride in our dynamic, diverse team, unified by shared values of Ownership, Optimism, Objectivity, Humility, Urgency, and Appreciation. We love what we do and the people we do it with, which is why we welcome every individual, provide them with equal opportunity irrespective of their race, gender, gender identity, age, disability, national origin or any other legally protected rights that one has.
We look forward to hearing from you!