TechOps Site Lead
At Ocrolus, we believe companies work best when they focus on their core business and let automation do the rest. We’re powering the digital lending ecosystem and help financial services firms make high-quality decisions with trusted data and unparalleled efficiency.
Ocrolus’ Human-in-the-Loop document automation software analyzes documents with over 99% accuracy. We're replacing legacy OCR vendors that cap out at 75-80% accuracy, and augmenting the robotic work that humans are prone to doing all too often – which can be expensive, error-prone, and slow. By empowering lenders to analyze diverse sources of financial data more efficiently, Ocrolus levels the playing field for every borrower, providing expanded access to credit at a lower cost.
We’ve raised over $100 million from blue-chip investors and are working with customers like PayPal, Brex, SoFi, Blend and Plaid. Join us as we build the future of fintech, and make an impact at an award-winning, high-growth startup that Forbes recently dubbed the “Next Billion-Dollar Startup”.
As a TechOps Engineer, your role will indeed be critical in maintaining a stable and reliable technical infrastructure. You will be responsible for monitoring and managing the organization's systems, networks, and hardware to ensure they are functioning optimally and available for use by the organization's users.
What you'll do:
- Monitor and troubleshoot the organization's systems, networks, and applications to ensure optimal performance and availability.
- Proactively identify and resolve technical issues, incidents, and outages to minimize downtime and ensure a seamless user experience.
- Perform system administration tasks, including server configuration, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Conduct security audits and implement appropriate measures to protect the organization's infrastructure and data.
- Develop the documentation, including system configurations, processes, and procedures.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies, tools, and processes to improve system performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Collaborate with external vendors and service providers to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
Who we're looking for:
- Proven experience as a Technical Operations Engineer or similar role.
- Strong knowledge of systems administration, networking, and infrastructure management.
- Proficiency in Linux environments and scripting.
- Experience with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP)
- Jira Administration
- Understanding of networking protocols and technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, etc.).
- Google workspace and exposure in managing SaaS based applications.
- CCTV and Biometrics
- Knowledge of Mac OS and Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of Squid proxy and PXE.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Rotations to provide 24/7 support
We take pride in our dynamic, diverse team, unified by shared values of Ownership, Optimism, Objectivity, Humility, Urgency, and Appreciation. We love what we do and the people we do it with, which is why we welcome every individual, provide them with equal opportunity irrespective of their race, gender, gender identity, age, disability, national origin or any other legally protected rights that one has.
We look forward to hearing from you!