Seek AI is hiring a data engineer to help us become the leading next generation of data analysis software. We are a well-funded startup backed by top-tier VCs that is growing rapidly. Our company is headquartered in NYC and we meet once per week to co-work in person. We also work remotely with folks outside of NYC.
The ideal candidate for this role will perform the following responsibilities:
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand data requirements and design solutions to collect, store, and process data efficiently and securely.
· Develop and maintain ELT infrastructure to ensure data is readily available and easily accessible throughout the company.
· Partner with Seek’s ML team to bolster data pipelines for ML models.
· Optimize and improve data processing and streaming solutions using tools such as Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka.
· Write and maintain complex SQL queries and dbt transformations to support data analysis and reporting needs.
· Ensure data quality, integrity, and compliance with relevant data regulations and best practices.
· Participate in Agile/Scrum development processes and contribute to continuous improvement of data engineering practices.
· Communicate effectively with diverse teams to understand requirements, provide updates, and obtain feedback on data solutions.
- At least 3+ years experience as a Software Engineer, Data Engineer or Data Analyst
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and the ability to write, debug, and optimize SQL queries
- Programming experience in Python or another modern programming languages
- Production experience in one or more core data platforms: Snowflake, AWS, Azure, GCP, Hadoop, Databricks
- Experience designing and developing customer data pipelines for data extraction using Python, and SQL is highly preferred
Any of the following experience is a plus:
- Production experience in core data platforms: Snowflake, Databricks, AWS, Azure, GCP, Hadoop
- Cloud and Distributed Data Storage (S3, ElasticSearch/Solr, or other NoSQL storage systems)
- Data integration technologies: Spark, Kafka, AWS Data Migration Services, Azure DataFactory, Google DataProc
- Multiple data sources (e.g. queues, relational databases, files, search, API)
- Complete software development lifecycle experience including design, documentation, implementation, testing, and deployment
- Automated data transformation and data curation: dbt, spark, spark streaming, automated pipelines
- Workflow Management and Orchestration: Airflow, AWS Managed Airflow, Luigi, NiFi
What You Can Expect:
Our advisors are some of the most successful entrepreneurs in NYC and the Silicon Valley and they meet with us regularly to provide mentorship and connections as we grow Seek. As an early team member of Seek, you will have the opportunity to shape and scale a business pushing the envelope of NLP and building world-changing technology.
Healthy Company Culture
We're a results-driven organization. We don't care where you work or how many hours you put in as long as you get things done.
Health, vision and dental insurance
Take vacations, sick days and mental health days when you need them--it's that simple
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Something looks off?